Soooo, you guys. Today is my last day at the current job.
Somewhere a choir of glistening angels is singing.
Of course, 40% of my excitement is because it means my Fall Break begins at 5 p.m. today. (Assuming they don’t let me go a little earlier.)
So you already know about all my plans for the break. I’ve even been thinking about a few more things to do (when I’m day dreaming about it), but I have this fear that I’ll get really lazy and accomplish nothing and look back and feel like I wasted the time. (Irrational fears? Check!)
Which is why, for Justine’s Fall Break 2011, I’m introducing a THEME to the blog. (Don’t worry, the theme will magically go away once I start work again.)
The THEME is called, “Here’s What I Accomplished Today.”
As you can probably guess, the idea is that I will post at least once every day, and I will have to tell you what I accomplished. The trick is that I have to accomplish at least one thing every day. So even if I do get a little lazy, I’ll at least be able to be all like, “Well at LEAST I hung those pictures in the dining room today!”
It’s, like, a totally genius plan.
I decided to make a big list of EVERYTHING I would like to have accomplished (in specific) by the end of Fall Break. That way I will not only have it more organized (and be less likely to forget anything), but you guys will also be able to keep me accountable with your proverbial judgement from afar.
Here’s the official Here’s What I Accomplished Today (HWIAT) 2011 List:
1. Hang pictures in the dining room (yup, that was real)
2. Find places for the things that are currently living in the corners of the dining room
3. Organize “office” area of the living room
4. Clean off the top of the coffee table and the basket underneath
5. Clean entire living room
6. Shake out living room rug again (side note: We did this before my cousins’ visit, and it was actually kind of weird how much junk came fluffing out. To be fair, we didn’t shake it when we got it, so it was probably a lot of manufacturer’s dust.)
7. Go to Michael’s and have this really cool little poster I bought online (more on that later) matted and framed. (It’s a weird rectangular shape, so this will probably have to be custom.)
8. Finish frame collage above the couch (including the aforementioned poster, another picture in a frame I got at Goodwill, and a Ray LaMontagne poster I actually have yet to select…)
9. Organize shelves in the bathroom
10. Go through ALL my clothes and get rid of everything that I don’t wear/doesn’t fit.
11. Do likewise with Joey’s clothes.
12. Clean off nightstands
13. Find a place for everything that’s in that room, even if it’s Goodwill
14. Organize the hall closets
15. Once everything in the house is organized, scrub everything down
16. Learn to sew
17. Create a runner for the dining room table
18. Sew a dress for the Mad Men Feast
19. Mail my sister’s really overdue shower gift that I’ve had for literally months
20. Buy a car. Love it forever.
Twenty seems like a good number. Of course, there will also be “attend sister’s wedding” in there, but I’m pretty much along for the ride on that one.
So there you have it. Obviously I will have to double up on accomplishments for a few days, but I think it seems quite doable.
I’ll try to post as many pics as possible to make even the dull stuff more interesting. Wish me luck!