On any given day, I get roughly 6 to 8 songs stuck in my head at some point.
Sometimes it will just be for a few minutes, other times for hours at a time. For example, here is today’s lineup (with triggers):
1. You’re just too good to be true (a side effect of looking at engagement photos)
2. Going to the Chapel (a photographer quoted this in a caption)
3. At Last (Alex, another Knot intern, mentioned this song)
4. You’re Just Too Good to be True (again. Because of looking at engagement photos. Again.)
5. It’s Getting Hot in Here (the person responsible for this knows who he is)
6. Somewhere Out There (related to the last one…as hard as that is to believe.)
7. Breakfast at Tiffany’s (Tiffany engagement rings)
The last one I was kind enough to share with two of the other interns as we walked to the subway after work. They soon found that they also could not get it out of their heads. They were oddly not grateful that I had shared. Go figure.
The point is, I lead a very musical existence. It’s just not intentional. And apparently entirely out of my control. And I said, “Well, that’s one thing we got.”