For some reason yesterday didn’t feel quite as productive, though I still got a lot done. Maybe because I was home all day and got a lot of TV watching in around chores.
Anyway, here’s What I Accomplished:
1. Reorganizing the hall closet.
If this was my house, I would do some major restructuring of how the closets are configured. There is nothing inherently wrong with the current structure, it could just be so much more efficient. For example, our hall closet has these built-in shelves (a good idea), but they are really too narrow to actually use (less efficient idea).
Fortunately, yesterday u figured out that the shelves are not actually nailed down, so u was able to slide them out a few inches to make room for some plastic storage drawers that have just been sitting on our bedroom floor. Win!
I also dedicated an hour to reorganizing the rest of it and putting away the various shoes and such that had been strewn around the living room. (No pictures of this because it’s really not that interesting.)
2. Cleaning the living room.
Not gonna lie, the joint looks pretty nice when you first walk in. I cleared off the coffee table clutter, put away anything that had been living on the bookshelves or couch, and dusted and vacuumed the whole place. As you cam see in the below photo, I even lit a candle for ambiance. My living room hasn’t been this relaxing in a while.
3. Updated the “dressing table”
I use quotes because while someday I would like to upgrade to an actual dressing table, for now my cheap-o little book shelf will do. But look! Pretty things!
(Side note: I really need a better camera. Apologies.)
I even found a temporary home for the sewing machine, which I plan to start using this afternoon. Exciting! (Probably just for me.)
So here is the list as of this morning:
1. Hang pictures in the dining room (yup, that was real)
2. Find places for the things that are currently living in the corners of the dining room
3. Organize “office” area of the living room
4. Clean off the top of the coffee table and the basket underneath
5. Clean entire living room
6. Shake out living room rug again (side note: We did this before my cousins’ visit, and it was actually kind of weird how much junk came fluffing out. To be fair, we didn’t shake it when we got it, so it was probably a lot of manufacturer’s dust.)
7. Go to Michael’s (actually went to A.C. Moore) and have this really cool little poster I bought online (more on that later) matted and framed. (It’s a weird rectangular shape, so this will probably have to be custom.)
8. Finish frame collage above the couch (including the aforementioned poster, another picture in a frame I got at Goodwill, and a Ray LaMontagne poster I actually have yet to select…)
9. Organize shelves in the bathroom
10. Go through ALL my clothes and get rid of everything that I don’t wear/doesn’t fit.
11. Do likewise with Joey’s clothes.
12. Clean off nightstands <One is done.
13. Find a place for everything that’s in that room, even if it’s Goodwill
14. Organize the hall closets
15. Once everything in the house is organized, scrub everything down
16. Learn to sew
17. Create a runner for the dining room table
18. Sew a dress for the Mad Men Feast
19. Mail my sister’s really overdue shower gift that I’ve had for literally months
20. Buy a car. Love it forever.
See ya tomorrow!