This past weekend was quite busy. I had the half marathon, we went to a polka dot-themed party, and…I found out one of my dearest friends is having a baby! (Sorry, did the title make you think I was having a baby? ‘Fraid not, folks.)
You might remember Megan from the post I did about her dressing room inspiration. Well, with a little one on the way, Megan (and her husband, Bill) are going to make the room over into a nursery instead.
As soon as I found out, I offered to design her a few inspiration boards of different nursery ideas, and Megan quickly accepted. Because they don’t know what they’re having yet, I made two boards — one for a girl and one for a boy. Either way, the walls will be the Robin’s Egg blue color they are now, so I worked around that for the rest of the look.
First up, a little girl’s room:
The overall look was largely inspired by the glam dressing room I had designed originally. Megan wanted something feminine, and hopefully this delivers! Let’s break it down, shall we?
1. Westmore Lighting 1-Light Chandelier. It doesn’t get much girlier than a crystal chandelier. This elegant pendant will add sophistication to the whole space.
2. Wall art. I’d love to see Megan hang some cute art prints above the crib or changing table. These options caught my eye on Etsy: Twinkle Twinkle print from Sugar House Ink, Gold Letter E Wall Art from Peddler’s Finds (This one has already sold, but I’m sure we could make something similar.), Somewhere Over the Rainbow Print from Sugar Fresh, and this I Love You Alphabet Print from Color Bee Love.
3. RENS sheepskin rug from IKEA. A plush, soft rug will be a perfect place for the baby to crawl around.
4. Babi Italia Eastside Island Single Crib from Babies-R-Us. Obviously the actual crib selection will be up to the new parents, but I love the look of a crisp white version against their cool blue walls.
5. Lift Top Storage Ottoman from Target. Also poached from the original board, this storage ottoman will be a stylish place to store toys, blankets, and anything else that needs to be tucked away.
6. Bowfront 3-Drawer Mirrored Chest from High Fashion Home. This would definitely fit in the splurge category, but I love when people turn gorgeous chests of drawers into changing tables. Another version I found is this Mirage Mirrored Cabinet. Plus, I see mirrored items at HomeGoods all the time, so I’m sure we could find other versions.
7. Mod Nod Swivel Glider from Land of Nod. Every good nursery needs a glider for rocking a baby to sleep. This upholstered version fits into Megan’s glamorous aesthetic perfectly. I’ve accessorized it with a Missoni Gray Pillow from ElemenO Pillows.
8. Organic Bunny Rabbit from Pingvini. What nursery is complete without a snuggly stuffed animal?
Next up, the male version! I went a bit funkier with this and used a bright, poppy orange as the accent color and a few quirky accessories. Let’s get to it!
1. Wall art. I love how these bright colors will pop off of the blue walls. Wood Letter E in Poppy Orange from Old is New Again, Keep Calm & Rock On print set from Tessyla Prints, Fox Family Painting from Lulu Froot, Oh the Places You’ll Go print from Field Trip.
2. Stockholm Rand Rug from IKEA. To warm up the wood floors, I’d add this stripe-y black and white rug.
3. Same Babi Italia Eastside Island Single Crib from Babies-R-Us used in the girl’s room.
5. Lucca Glider from Land of Nod. How fun is that bold glider? I think it would look so cute tucked in the corner by a window. I’ve added the Perky Black & White Pillow from Sweet Brush Designs to tie it in with the graphic patterned rug.
6. Wesley the Fox from Sleepy King. I’m completely in love with this little guy. Hopefully the new baby would feel the same!
Hopefully that gives you a few ideas, Megan! I can’t wait to see what you come up with. (Not to mention how thrilled I am to meet your little one!)